Extremely hot weather can cause serious health problems for people of all ages.
Take precautions during hot weather:
- Drink plenty of fluids (non-alcoholic), even if you're not thirsty.
- Wear light-weight, loose-fitting clothing.
- Stay cool indoors.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully and wear sunscreen.
- If you exercise outdoors, go in the morning or evening hours.
- Eat light, regular meals — avoid hot foods and heavy meals.
- Never leave anyone — infants, children, or pets — in a parked car.
- Know the signs of heat related illness.
- All County facilities — including community centers and libraries — are air-conditioned and open to the public.